Sometimes I like to name my creations. Don’t ask me how I came up with Graham-Bam, it just came to me while I was making and eating these delicious little babies. It seemed fitting for the excitement and happiness that went into making/eating them, so Graham-Bams it was.
Peanut Butter Graham Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup graham cracker flour (made from approximately a sleeve and a half of graham crackers in food processor)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (or 3/4 cup oat flour)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- granulated sugar for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, place almond milk + vinegar together and allow to sit/curdle for at least 10 minutes. This is your pseduo-buttermilk.
2. In a food processor, break up about a sleeve and a half of graham crackers and pulse until a flour forms. You may need to push down crackers/mix with a spoon halfway through. Place in a large bowl, measure one cup, and set aside.
3. If you don’t have oat flour, make some using rolled oats. Place in food processor and pulse until a flour forms. Measure 3/4 cup and add to graham flour.
4. Add baking soda, salt, brown sugar, peanut butter and almond milk + vinegar mixture. Mix until a cookie-dough like dough forms. It may be a tad bit sticky. If it is, add a dash more oat or graham or regular flour.
5. Scoop small balls (approximately one inch in diameter) onto an ungreased baking sheet. Press a cross-hatch pattern into each cookie using the back of a fork.
6. Pop into the oven and back for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly browned around the edges and puffy. Allow to cool slightly before trying to eat. If they are too hot your impatience will be a hot beautiful mess in front of you:
7. Sprinkle with granulated sugar if desired. EAT!!