Yummy yummy yummy I have Fruit Crisp in my tummy!
….apparently I’m 5 years old. Anyways I thought I’d share the recipe for this easy vegan Fruit Crisp that I made on Vegan Bites this week, because it’s so incredibly simple. I usually eyeball these crisps because I’m lazy and because they are quite forgiving, but below you’ll find a general guideline for making your very own Fruit Crisp.
This recipe serves 2. You can easily double, triple, or quadrupole it, depending on how many people you’re feeding or how hungry you are.
I used peaches, but you can use whatever tickles your pickle or whatever fruit happens to be spoiling around your house. Frozen fruit works well, too.
I suggest using almond or oat flour. This makes it gluten-free if you care and delicious regardless of if you care. If you don’t have these flours, you can use all purpose.
This tastes amaze with non-dairy or ice cream or whipped cream. DO IT.
Easy Vegan Fruit Crisp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes, but need at least 1 hour to freeze
Servings: 2, easily doubled
- 2 cups fruit (I used peaches today, frozen berries are also fab)
- 1 tablespoon sugar -1/2 tablespoon lemon juice -3/4 cup oats -1/4 cup flour (I recommend almond or oat, AP is fine too)
- 1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar (regular will also be okay)
- 1/4 cup softened non-dairy butter
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Chop fruit into even pieces, add lemon juice, sugar, and toss. Place in well-greased baking pan.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Mix. Cube softened butter and mix in.
- Cover fruit with oat mixture and bake for 30-45 minutes until fruit is tender and top is crispy.
- Serve with non-dairy ice cream or coconut whipped cream!