Welcome to one of my favorite childhood snacks! Aka Easy Cinnamon Apples for one. This warm and comforting treat comes together in mere minutes, and is made from a couple ingredients you likely have on hand. It’s also a great way to use up apples that may be on their last limb(s)! Hooray for wasting less food.
I adore these Easy Cinnamon Apples for one as is as a mid-morning or bed time snack. Even though these apples couldn’t be simpler in concept or execution, I find them divine.
I remember many cold winter evenings as a wee one asking my mom for “cinnamon apples” late at night when I should have been sleeping, but instead stayed up later than I would dare stay up now, deeply engrossed in a book or writing stories in my diary. Oh, nostalgia: you taste amazing!
Now, I should clarify: this recipe hardly even qualifies as an actual recipe. Truly, this is just a set of loose, simple instructions to guide you through the process of making easy cinnamon apples, which taste amazing as is for a snack, piled on top of a heaping bowl of oatmeal, paired with your favorite yogurt or ice cream, on pancakes, waffles, or toast with almond butter, or whatever your heart desires!
This recipe is filled with not only wholesome deliciousness, but also packs a fibrous punch, thanks to the apples. Apples are also a source of vitamin C, potassium, and phytochemicals, like quercetin and anthocyanin, which act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatories in the body. Yay apples!
Millie also loves these apples, as you may have been able to guess based on her expressive interest in the background of many of these photos (she’s actually very good and restrained when I do food photos, and yes, she got some of these once they were cooled).
I am going to expand upon this recipe with an easy apple crisp for one later this week. I was originally going to combine the recipes into one post, but these apples hold such a dear place in my heart, I decided I’d be doing my childhood a disservice if I didn’t give them their own dedicated post.
So here we are: Easy Cinnamon Apples for One! I hope you make these and I hope you love them as much as I do! If you give them a whirl, let me know! I love hearing from you. Reach out to me on Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube!
Easy Cinnamon Apples for One
Active Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: ~2 minutes
Servings: one, easily doubled
- 2-3 apples, depending on size and hunger level
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (more if desired)
- a pinch of nutmeg (optional, but encouraged)
- a teaspoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Wash apples. Dice into bite-sized pieces. Place in a microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss apples so pieces are coated with spices.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds – 2 minutes, or until apple pieces are poke-tender with a fork. Drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
- Enjoy as is or spoon over oatmeal, ice cream, waffles, pancakes, yogurt, toast, or whatever your heart desires.
You may also like:
- Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites for One
- Cauliflower Broccoli Crunch Salad