This Cauliflower Broccoli Crunch Salad recipe is inspired by the ‘Whole Foods Detox Salad’ often found in the Whole Foods salad bar. Before we get any further, let me scream this from the rooftop one more time: no foods, teas, supplements, pills, or powders detox your body.
Your kidney and liver do that. However, the Whole Foods Detox Salad from the salad bar is delicious and I like to recreate a version of it it at home (with a different name, of course).
Now. If you’ve never had the Whole Foods Detox Salad before, allow me to give you the rundown: it’s finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, parsley, lemon juice, pepitas, and currants. I’ve roughy recreated the recipe at home, making use of more common ingredients, for the delight of my tastebuds and yours.
As I don’t often have dried currants on hand, I replaced them with golden raisins and diced dried apricots. You can choose your own adventure with dried currants, and/or the other mentioned dried fruits in your salad. It’s your salad after all.
Also, if you’d like, feel free to add a tablespoon or two of olive oil to the dressing for a more neutral, less acidic taste.
This Cauliflower Broccoli Salad recipe makes an excellent side dish and holds up well in the fridge for a couple days.
This salad recipe is the latest installation in my Summer Salads Series. I hope you are loving it so far. Please also check out my Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad and get ready for an extra yummy salad next week! Yay vegetables!
Other salad-related content you may enjoy:
- Copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- Vegan Goat Cheese and Nectarine Butter Lettuce Salad
- Watermelon Arugula Salad with Vegan Feta, Balsamic, and Mint
- Asian Kale Salad with Soy Ginger Vinaigrette
- The Best Hummus Dressing
Cauliflower Broccoli Crunch Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 meal-sized salads, 4 side salads
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots (about 2-3 large carrots)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried currants (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced apricots (optional)
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste (I added about 1/2 teaspoon and 1/4 teaspoon, respectively)
- Wash all vegetables.
- Finely chop cauliflower and broccoli. Shred carrots. Combine all in a bowl and mix well.
- Wash and chop parsley. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Wash, zest, and juice lemon. Add zest and juice to vegetable mixture.
- Add dried fruits and pepitas to vegetable mixture and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mixing after each addition. If desired, add olive oil and mix again.