I love a salty sweet treat. And these peanut butter chocolate pretzel bites are the epitome of a salty, sweet crunchy creamy dream snack.
Bonus: they couldn’t be similar to make. If you can make cereal, you can probably make these delightful nibbly desserts.
All you need is pretzels, peanut (or your other favorite nut) butter, chocolate chips, and some salt. And the only fancy equipment you need a microwave, microwave-safe bowl, and a refrigerator or freezer. Now let’s get into it.
Below you’ll see a recipe. Feel free to take it less as a by-the-books strict recipe, and more as a guideline. Basically all you need to do here is sandwich peanut butter between pretzels, freeze, melt chocolate chips, dip pretzels in chocolate, sprinkle with salt, and freeze. Boom. Done.
You’re just minutes away from a crunchy creamy salty sweet chocolate-dipped treat. Store these in the freezer and pop into your mouth for an instant lightning bolt of delight.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bites
Active Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: at least 40 minutes
Servings: about 24 bites
- 2 cups pretzels, preferably Snap or mini twist shaped
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (almond, peanut, sunflower seed, hazelnut, etc)
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (flakey if possible)
- Using a knife, apply an even layer of peanut butter onto a pretzel and set onto a clean plate or parchment/silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Place a second pretzel on top of the nut butter and press gently to create a sandwich, of sorts.
- Place in peanut butter-filled pretzels in the freezer for at 20 minutes to
- Melt chocolate in the microwave-safe bowl in the microwave using 30-second increments. Stir after each increment until melted. This should take 1-2 minutes total, depending on your microwave.
- Dip pretzels in melted chocolate. Use a spoon to dollop chocolate on any spots you may have missed.
- Place chocolate-dipped pretzels on a plate.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with salt.
- Place each chocolate-dipped pretzel on a plate and place in the freezer until set, at least 20 minutes.
- Enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.