These nut butter-stuffed, chocolate-dipped dates are like a 14/10 on the amazing scale. 5 Ingredients. No fancy equipment or oven required. Insanely delicious sweet treat.
All you gotta do is crack open some dates, de-pit them, slather their insides with nut butter, squash a whole nut in there (optional, but recommended), dip in some melted chocolate, and finish with sea salt.
A short chill sesh in the freezer later, you have a treat that’s chewy, crunchy, creamy, salty, sweet, and chocolatey. It hits every desirable snack element in one swoop.
Honestly, the result is far better than it has any right to be. It tastes like a snickers but without any artificialness or sugar overload. They’re actually kind of like a lazy version of my favorite-ever Sunbutter Caramel Date Truffles with Sea Salt.
You can use whatever nut butter and/or nuts you’d like. You can even omit the whole nuts if desired, but I highly recommend their addition as they add a delightful crunch.
In other news, over the past little blib of time, I’ve gotten many questions about if/when Vegan Bites is coming back. It’s not. However, I am going to start experimenting with my own version of it.
I clearly don’t really know what I’m doing over there yet. But let’s just play around and see where it takes us, sound good? Leave me a comment on what to make next!
Nut Butter-Stuffed Chocolate-Dipped Dates
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: at least 20 minutes
Servings: 8 stuffed dates (you might want to double this!)
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (almond, peanut, sunflower seed, hazelnut, etc)
- 8 whole nuts of choice (almonds, pecans, walnuts, whatever you want)
- 1 cup non-dairy dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (flakey if possible)
- Slit dates lengthwise. Remove pits if necessary.
- Using a knife or spoon, fill dates each with a dollop of nut butter.
- Add a whole nut to each date.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave-safe bowl in the microwave using 30-second increments. Stir after each increment until melted. This should take 1-2 minutes total, depending on your microwave.
- Dip stuffed dates in melted chocolate to cover dates. Use a spoon to dollop chocolate on any spots you may have missed.
- Place chocolate-dipped dates on a plate.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with salt.
- Place each chocolate-dipped date on a plate and place in the freezer until set, at least 20 minutes.
- Enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.