Greetings! Again, sorry for the lack of recent content. I had a random surgery need pop up (more on this in my next post), and between work and the meds I’ve been on, have been drained of energy.
So! I’m going to share a series of adapted recipe pieces I wrote for Spoon University on the blog. Starting with these tortilla chips. (The recipes on the blog will be slightly different than those on Spoon)
I’m not a huge chip person. I can take or leave potato chips. Which is honestly kind of strange considering how much I LOVE potatoes. But I do like tortilla chips sometimes.
Especially if they’re extra salty and not too greasy and served with guac. Or chocolate. (Trust me, tortilla chips + chocolate = a great combo).
These chips are wonderful because they’re the perfect way to use up staling tortillas. And we all know how much I despise food waste. You can also make these in the microwave by microwaving each side for about 30 seconds-1 minute until crispy. It works way better than I expected it would.
Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time:12 mins
- Servings: 3-4
- 8 corn or flour tortillas (use corn for gluten-free)
- 1-1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lots of salt
- lime juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush each side of each tortilla with just a wee bit of oil.
- Cut tortillas into 8 equal wedges (or 6 or 4 wedges, if you’re into bigger chips).
- Place tortilla wedges on baking sheet, spacing evenly and ensuring that none overlap. If you want to add lime juice, now’s the time to brush it on.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt over the chips.
- Place chips in the oven for 8-12 minutes, until golden and crispy, flipping halfway through, if desired.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Add more salt if you’d like. Enjoy 🙂