Hello again friends.
I know, I know. I disappeared again. And I’m not going to make any excuses. I was busy doing what you do in your 20s: making mistakes, enduring set-backs, moving multiple times, and coming out stronger and more certain of who I am and who I want to be.
And after decided to come back to blogging, I spent a considerable amount of time debating starting a new blog or re-starting kbaked for like the 4th time. I ultimately decided on the later, but am planning to give it a serious lift in style, layout, and quality.
All while eating cookies, of course.
I love chocolate chip (oatmeal) cookies. I mean, do you know someone who doesn’t? If you do please let me know; I’d legitimately be interested in interviewing them. Send me their contact info ASAP.
Back to cookies: one of my favorite things to make because 1) They don’t take very long, and 2) Holy moly, delicious!
But when you live alone, sometimes you just want one or two. Because if you have a dozen, you most likely eat a dozen. And then you feel icky and out of balance. At least, if you’re me.
That’s why single serve cookie recipes are important to keep in your arsenal. The oatmeal is hypothetically optional, but highly preferable, in my opinion.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and my promise to blog more frequently in the coming months. It’s my goal to improve my content, layout, and start blogging about more than just recipes, but also nutrition, health, and life.
I hope you enjoy!
Single Serve Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 tablespoon non-dairy butter or coconut oil or nut butter or neutral oil like canola
- 2 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1/3 cup all purpose whole wheat oat flour or any combination thereof
- 2 tablespoon rolled oats optional or substitute addition flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds optional
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water or milk add more if dough appears too dry
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Roll dough into two medium or one large cookie dough ball and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown and cookie becomes fragrant.
Recipe also shared on Spoon University.
Check out some more noms on a link share on runningwithspoons.com!