Hi everyone! If anyone is out there still.
I must apologize for my disappearance! I had a major cross country move, and then I started grad school for human nutrition at Columbia! I’m also working some and interning a bit with Spoon University. I’ve never been so busy in my whole life! But that said, I’ve really been missing blogging and am going to try my best to get back to it! Winter break will CERTAINLY be full of blogposts!
These are honestly amazeballs. Like, way better than they have the right to be. With the salty crunch on the somehow seemingly sinful date filling, combined with the creamy nut butter, they blow the senses a bit, and create a cravable, not-actually-unhealthy treat.
You can use any nut butter you want, but for these, sunbutter is ma fav 😀
Enjoy! Ps I used Iron Salt on these babies (that’s the pretty pink stuff on top).
PPS – WordPress is being a pooper and I’m having mega-trouble uploading photos, so for now, I only have these two on here. Will add more laters!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8-oz. dried, pitted dates or date pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sunfloweer seed butter (can substitute almond butter or peanut butter)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Soak dates in warm water until softened, at least 15 minutes.
- Drain dates. In a food processor or blender, process dates and vanilla until a smooth paste forms. Add sunflower seed butter and ¼ teaspoon sea salt and continue to blend until well combined.
- Roll mixture into small balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place into the freezer until set, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until melted (about 60-90 seconds total). Stir in coconut oil.
- Remove truffles from the freezer. Dip each truffle in melted chocolate and return to baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with remaining sea salt and return to the freezer until set, another 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy! Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.