This title of this recipe should come as no surprise to those who know me. I love bananas. I love oatmeal. Boom: it’s a Banana Bread Oatmeal Bake for One. YUM.
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal for One
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Bake Time: 18-25 minutes
serves one, easily doubled
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons oat flour or other flour (can sub additional oats if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nut butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1 banana
- 1-2 teaspoons honey, or maple syrup to top (optional, I think it’s perfect without it)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. In a small bowl, combine oats, oat flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix.
2. Cut banana in half. Mash half of the banana and add to the bowl. Add nut butter or coconut oil and non-dairy liquid. Mix well.
3. Transfer to an oven-safe ramekin or dish. Slice remaining half of banana on top of oatmeal mixture. Place in the oven for 18-25 minutes, until fluffy, browned, and liquid has all absorbed. Serve with almond or other non-diary milk, non-dairy yogurt, and syrup or honey as desired.